Thursday 28 May 2009

BrainVomit - Impatience, Excitement and How Reality Sinks In at the Last Moments

Isn't it funny, how whenever something good is about to happen you start to get impatient. In a mere 24hours from typing this very line, something particularly good will happen. Dear reader I keep this one to myself, it's not very interesting for your eyes to scan but I can't help being excitable, hence the need for a bit of positive brain vomiting. At this very moment I can't even sit still, I tried kneeling, laying, sitting, and am now hanging over the edge of my bed on my stomach with the laptop on the floor.....and decidedly my head thinks it'll fall off staying here so I'll get up again!

Oof, much better! Right so I'm sitting propped half upright at an angle, balancing the laptop between ribs and a raised leg. Surprisingly comfortable writing position! Also right now I've put on one of my carefully crafted mixes on my PS3 as a bit of a soundtrack, I'm in an upbeat rawk mood, so right now The Darkness are playing out the surprisingly happy sounding "Love is Only a Feeling" - I know the lyrics aren't exactly the cheeriest in the world but the overall sound of the song makes me feel happy like the rest of the songs on this mix. I should be getting up and finishing my washing, tidying up, replacing bedsheets with the ones I washed last night but to be completely honest I just can't be bothered right now! I'm happy and want to spend a little while chilling before the serious business of the day can start.

I'm a bit of an oddity. I know you have probably realised that already, but to me some things always seem incredibly distance, almost unreal, like a dream, until the last second when it finally sinks in to reality. That's happening right now. I had tried not to get my hopes up too high, in case nothing worked out, but now there's so little chance of an incredibly big cockup (aha, haha, dirty minds thinking "up where" - shut up :p hah!) that I'm letting the excitement grow. The problem with this is I'm bouncing off the walls and want tomorrow to arrive as soon as it possibly can - like a kid before Christmas really! I'm off to mum's tonight, to have a free dinner and hopefully pass the time a little quicker. I might even go for a run in the sunshine before then, it seems like a nice day to jog up the lanes :) not that I *can* run but it'll get rid of the excess energy!

I'll keep this one short, because I really need to do stuff now, and if I keep writing I'll only repeat myself, so for now, and for the weekend (until probably Sunday night I may write again), I bid thee farewell!

Jenivere Out

No comments:

Post a Comment