Monday 1 June 2009

BrainVomit - Inconsiderate Bastards

Dear reader, you poor misguided person, I warn you that I will begin typing now but cannot promise exactly when I'll stop. So much is going on I am about to have a total meltdown if I don't get it out. BrainVomit just got a tad more serious. But I do pledge to put in a positive word because until about 5pm tonight, the day had gone rather spiffingly well. Maybe I'll end on the positive note and hope that frame of mind stays with me.

So why did it all go wrong at 5? Well, I have been awaiting my final pay from old job for days now, and went to the shop to get credit. I only asked for a fiver, because I knew if the pay wasn't in my bank I'd be able to top up with the last of the cash I had for fuel so I could at least contact my ex-boss to find out where the hell it is. Card declined. No monies. Again. Put credit on phone using fuel cash, now hoping it won't come back to bite me on the ass when I run out halfway home but I'm sure it'll be fine. So I text my ex-boss the following message...

"The slip you sent with my p45/p60 said i would have my final pay on the 29th but unfortunately it hasnt arrived - please can you confirm when it is likely to clear so i can pay my rent? Hope all is well. Thanks, Jen" (I didn't get angry or rant but thought I should mention rent just to put a little pressure on to get a reply)

Not long later the reply came through...

"I'm sorry Jen, I didn't have the funds to pay any salaries. But a payment of £240 went out today and the remainder is going out tomorrow. Shouldn't take longer than 2 days to reach your account. Sorry again. Hope all is well with you and Happy belayed birthday. G"

My initial reaction was to vocalise a hearty "what the fuck" at my phone, and since then have been quietly fuming and muttering under my breath in the general direction I assume she is right now. My previous rant goes in to how the lack of said expected monies very nearly put me in a very serious bind, and indeed yesterday to be able to even get to the job centre today and sign on I had to go to my mother's, unanounced because I had no credit to do so, and ask to borrow money for the goddamn fuel to get to Poole.

Where is the consideration?! As far as I knew, there was no reason for there not to be money in my account on the 29th May. They have my number, my phone has not been off once in all that time neither have I missed any calls or messages from them. They have my mother's contact details also on record. There is NO REASON WHATSOEVER that they couldn't have just let me know it was going to be late. I mean, what the fuck, serious what the fuck, did they even think? I have no fucking job, no other source of income until benefits are sorted and pretty obviously need the goddamned money because of all that. I'm not rich and I don't have savings to fall back on. I don't have a particularly rich family who can bail me out. I have a family who are just about getting by and still manage to support me a tiny bit in my hour of need by some crazy miracle or another, and the last thing I want to have to do is keep having to borrow money because I just simply can't afford to live. No food, no transport, no nothing. GRR!

My title mentioned inconsiderate bastards though, plural, so there's another one to rant about. However, the writing of this has been disturbed by several events and I'm now too drained to even start on that one so I'll leave it for another day. Heck, I can;t even finish on the positive now, so I'll restart this tomorrow.

Jenivere Out

No comments:

Post a Comment